Infraorbital Nerve Block
- Supplies the skin and mucous membrane of the cheek, upper lip, lower eyelid and side of the nose.
- Emerges from the infraorbital foramen (0.5cm below the infraorbital magin and vertically below the pupil).
- Insert the needle into the buccogingival fold between the first and second premolars and direct it up towards the infraorbital foramen.
Mental Nerve Block
- Sensation to the lower lip and the chin
- Emerges from the mental foramen, which is palpable on the mandible on a line between the first and second premolar teeth.
- Block at mental foramen with 1-2ml of LA
- Intraoral or extraoral approach