AMTS (Abbreviated mental test score)
1. How old are you?
2. What’s your date of birth?
3. What is the year?
4. What is the time of the day?
GIVE ADDRESS to remember (42 West Street)
5. Where are we? (What building?)
6. Who is the current monarch?
7. What was the date of the 1st world war?
8. Can you count backwards from 20 to 1?
9. Recognise two people
10. Can you remember that address?
Mental state examination
All Sane Men Think That Pizza Is Italian
- Appearance and behaviour
- Thought form/process
- Thought content (e.g. delusions)
- Perception (e.g. hallucinations)
- IQ (cognitive function)